Brickworks Limited and Group of Companies (“Brickworks”, “we”, “us”) strive for complete compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 while providing the best possible service to our clients across a wide range of products.
- (i) personal information; and
- (ii) your credit information and credit eligibility information (“credit related information”), including information about your applications for commercial credit and credit accounts with Brickworks and your credit reporting information that we derive from credit reporting bodies (CRBs) and other credit providers will be managed when dealing with Brickworks.
While the Privacy Act uses a variety of terms to refer to the personal information and credit related information, we refer to all such information collect from you as ‘personal information’.
When you engage Brickworks to provide you with any goods or services, applying or completing an application for credit, or communicate with Brickworks through email, by telephone, in writing, or use any of Brickworks other services, including any Brickworks websites, you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
Brickworks accepts the responsibility for the environmental protection which is integral to the conduct of its commercial operations.
Brickworks objective is to comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations in a commercially effective way.
Brickworks is committed to:
- Operating practices which seek to minimise impacts through work and management practices, training and the new use of technology.
- Waste management to minimise wastes, develop viable recycling opportunities, and ensure proper handling and disposal methods.
- Energy efficiency and Greenhouse gas reduction by implementing energy reduction initiatives, regular energy audits and participation in energy reduction and monitoring schemes.
- Water management to identify options for reuse, increase rainwater harvesting and strive for self-sufficiency where possible to reduce reliance on mains supplied water.
- Product development which seeks to combine commercial viability and efficient use and conservation of resources.
- Working to a sustainable future through manufacturing improvements and the development of energy efficient products.
- Environmental assessment of new projects, asset purchases, sales and existing operations.
- Environmental incident response – contingency to minimise health, safety and environmental risks.
- Rehabilitation of areas affected by business operations.
- Communication within Brickworks and consultation with other relevant bodies about environmental matters of common concern.
Brickworks will encourage concern and respect for the environment and will emphasise every employee’s responsibility for the environmental performance and minimising the carbon footprint of the business.
WORK, HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
People return from Brickwork s workplaces in the same mental and physical condition as they left to go to work
There is no task that we undertake that is so important that we can’t take the time to find a safe way to do it.
We don’t want to make a profit by hurting anyone.
It is Brickwork’s policy to ensure that all our activities and processes are performed in a systematic manner that does not put at risk the health and safety of employees, contractors, labour hire workers, trainees, apprentices, visitors, suppliers, customers and or the general public.
To achieve our Policy objectives the Brickworks Management Team commits to:
- Compliance with applicable laws, regulations , standards , codes of practice and requirements to which Brickworks subscribes
- Consulting with workers about health and safety matters and give workers the opportunity to express their views and be involved in decision making about those matters
- Consulting , cooperating and coordinating activities with other persons conducting business or undertaking , persons in control of the workplace or plant, designers , manufacturers , suppliers, importers and installers of plant or structures and other persons at the workplace in relation to health and safety matters
- Providing appropriate health and safety advice, information , education and training to our workers, contractors , labour hire workers and visitors
- Minimising risk to health and safety by implementing risk management processes consistent with the level of risk exposure
- Meeting the requirements of AS/ NZS 4801 OHS Management Systems -Specification with guidance for use
- Monitoring and regularly reviewing Brickworks’ Health and Safety Management System to ensure that it complies with prescribed and subscribed requirements
- Providing processes for all levels of management to be held accountable for health and safety matters within their responsibility whilst at the same time recognising that each worker has a duty to take reasonable care that their acts do not adversely affect the health and safety of themselves or others.
- Establishing measurable objectives and targets to regularly evaluate Brickworks ‘ Health and Safety Management System’s effectiveness
- Taking steps to make sure that the Health and Safety Management System is effectively implemented in accordance with this Work Health and Safety Policy, and
- Undertaking continuous improvement activity through rigorous monitoring processes and strategic review.
Providing a safe work environment is fundamental to the Brickworks’ beliefs and our behaviour as a first class corporate citizen.